Today’s WordPress Daily Prompt challenges bloggers to put together a mix tape that describes who they are. So, in case you’re wondering about the man behind The Dang Yankee, these songs will tell the story:
- Immigrant Song– Led Zeppelin. So my friends here in the South say.
- I Like Beer– Tom. T. Hall That tells you 90% of what you need to know.
- Ten Rounds With Jose Cuervo– Tracy Byrd And that’s the other 10%.
- Growing Older But Not Up- Jimmy Buffett I can control the latter but not the former.
- Old Folks Boogie– Little Feat It follows naturally from #4.
- They’re Coming To Take Me Away, Ha Haaa!– Napoleon XIV As a result of nos. 2 & 3.
- Still Crazy After All These Years– Paul Simon Which follows from 4,5, & 6
- Don’t Eat The Yellow Snow– Frank Zappa Although I don’t have to worry about that one so much here in Louisiana
- As The Raven Flies- Dan Fogelberg Can you spell Super Bowl Repeat?
- Carry On Wayward Son– Kansas Encouraging words from my mother.
And one that no longer applies since I happen to be retired:
- Drinks After Work- Toby Keith